Sunday, August 14, 2011

Smiley Faces, The Green Thumb and Me Getting Lost In Photography Moments

Smiley
I believe I've mentioned before about my mom and her "green thumb".  She's able to grow just about anything - and I have to add that my dad and brother help her with her current projects.  At my parent's home there are all kinds of things growing - pecans, peaches, apples, grapes, oranges, grapefruit - not to mention all the flowers too!  It's a wonderful place to go as a photographer.  As you have seen and heard about over the past year.

Well, one day after a fun visit to a water park with my son and some out of town relatives, we headed back to my parents house and ended up sitting outside visiting.  And there was the strangest peach I've ever seen.  Just split open like this.  So, naturally I put it on the picnic table and started taking pictures.  Well, what would you do?  I didn't have any cameras with me so I used my cell phone.  Sometimes those things come in handy (although mostly they drive me crazy 'cause the quality is not so wonderful).  My family is pretty used to my weird ways because not one person asked why I was doing that.  And as far as I know none of them even gave me strange looks - but that could have been taking place when all my attention was on this peach.

To me, it looks like it's smiling at us.  Got a happy face on.  Maybe because it knows the chances anyone is going to eat it are pretty darn slim.  I'm not sure what happened to it after it's 15 minutes of fame were over.

I spend shockingly little time thinking about real world stuff.  ~ Trey Parker

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails