Wednesday, October 20, 2010

At Least I'm Still Cool, right?

Almost Out
Well, here we are on a Tuesday evening.  And it feels like it should be Friday already.  I know wishful thinking I'm sure.  We had the week off from school last week and I can sure tell it today.  I'm pretty tired out and will be calling it an early evening.  Well, that and I really want to get to reading my book for the evening - Cyberia by Chris Lynch.

My son loves to give me books to read.  And I love that he does that.  I love that he enjoys reading. It's such a good skill to have.  So, I have made references to the fact that I seem to have a never ending supply of books waiting in line to be read.  I mean literally (and I should take a picture of this, not sure why I haven't) I have large stack of books sitting beside my bed just waiting for me to read them.  And mostly they have come from one of three places.  My son, Ryan, my brother, Kelly, and my friend Diana.  And I am so glad that they recommend them to me.  It's great fun to read books and then talk about them afterwards.  And really all three of them give me very, very different styles of books. 

Well, the extra fun thing is that now my son is getting older and into a more advanced level of reading.  He comes home now with books that I have already read.  And I can tell that he thinks it's pretty cool to be reading something that I enjoyed.

I am very thankful that we can share that.  And . . . that for these moments I can be a cool mom.  Because those teenage years are approaching and soon I will be the uncoolest thing of all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails