Monday, October 4, 2010

Bridges

Untitled
There are a couple things going on in this picture that I really like.  I love the look of neon lights.  And to me, every time I see one of these photos taken where the lights from traffic all come together to create one continuous motion, it makes me think of neon lights.  I'm not sure why like neon lights so much but I do.  I think maybe they remind me of coke which I also really like. 

And, I have just come to a realization tonight.  I was having a hard time picking out a photo to share tonight.  Nothing was jumping out at me.  And trust me, it's not from lack of material.  I usually sift through my files and files and files and something jumps out at me as the photo that I want to share.  And tonight, I just could not decide on anything.  And as I was looking at the dozens of photos that I took of this bridge, I realized that I may like bridges almost as much as I like staircases.  I do love the look of certain bridges.  My all time favorite bridge is Memorial Bridge in Washington DC.  It is beautiful.  Sometimes when I was in town with my friends we would drive out of our way just to drive over it.  Okay, probably a lot more times than not, we would drive out of our way to drive over it.  Love that bridge.

Do you want to know a bridge I do not like?  The one going over the bay on the way to Ocean City, Maryland or Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.  I cannot remember the name of the bridge - it might even be called the Bay Bridge.  But that bridge always scared me.  It is much too long and much, much too high.  I know that my family will know exactly which bridge I am referring to and the name of it.  Maybe somebody can help me out with that?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails