Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One of my Favs

Photographer in the Pumpkin Patch
This is an older pic but one of my favorites.  As a matter of fact, I have a print of it hanging on my wall above my desk.  I cannot remember the exact year this one was taken.  I could look it up and tell you, but right off, I do not remember.  I do know that it is from my old school film days.  (That makes me feel so old to think that I started out on film and look at all the amazing technology we have in cameras and picture processing these days.  Then I get my dad talking about the days of using one of those beautiful cameras with cloth to cover the back so the photographer could actually see what the camera was going to shoot.  Man oh man I would love to have one of those sitting in my house somewhere.)

Now, I do not love this pic for the obvious reasons, because there is a camera in it.  Although, honestly I have never thought of photographing camera parts.  Hmmm, that could be fun . . .

I love this photo for many reasons.  It's got a lot of great memories for me.  But mostly I love it for the technical aspects.  I love the bright sunlight shining off the tops of the pumpkins.  I love the softness of the field - I'm guessing it's some kind of wheat field or such.  And I love how all of that is contrasted with the very sharp, in focus subject - my brother Warren - holding his very old school camera.  I think that camera is quite possibly almost as old as me.  And it still works great.  Look at that lens!  So totally cool.

And yes, I know I am a photography nerd.  But that's why you all love me isn't it?

Oh, and about yesterday's post.  I did get many responses about that bridge that I could not remember the exact name.  It is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.  It is extremely long and high.  They built it so high that any ship would be able to pass under it.  And, as my brother Kelly commented, they close the bridge down one day out of the year, or at least one side of the bridge, and let people walk across it.  Now that is just craziness in my opinion.  More power to those that want to do that.  For me, driving across it takes too long!  Thanks for sharing all the info you had on that bridge and for those that shared their thoughts about bridges in general.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails