Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bad Manners

That One Key

Good manners sometimes means simply putting up with other people’s bad manners. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
True so true, don't you think? And, in my way of looking at it . . . who am I to determine how someone else should behave. I mean, I truly believe that I have no right to pretend to tell someone else how they should live because I have not lived their life, learned their lessons or had their experiences.

But . . . that doesn't mean that I should have to endure their behavior. I can't ask them to change to suit my sensibilities, but I also do not have to subject myself to other's bad behaviors.

Now, how is that for confusing?

And, I'm not really sure what it has to do with the French horn key, but there it is, my share for the evening.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails