Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Definitely on the Mend, Thanks For Thinking of Me

Boat Battle
First of all, thank you everyone for your well wishes.  I am very much on the mend.  Although most foods are still not appealing to me, I will tough it out and eat.  If I have to.  As a matter of fact, I had some ice cream this evening.  It was torture, but I made it through somehow. 

But seriously, I am feeling much, much better.  And I thank you all for your concern.

Tonight's picture is from a school project for my son.  He had to create a commercial for a product.  They had the choice of video taping it or doing it live in class.  The two boys decided videoing was a better option.  After completing all the hard stuff, we worked on the "fun" things that make a commercial, like background music and credits.  We had a mini photo shoot for some still images to be displayed for the intro and credits.  This is one of the photos from the project.

It's always so dramatic to put items against a white background.  Don't you think?  That background is nothing more than several sheets of 12x12 white card stock spaced out enough to cover the base and the background.  We actually shot this on the kitchen counter.  And, if memory serves, it was done with my point and shoot camera on the macro setting.  I mean why "over think" something if you don't have to?  There are many tools that can get you great results.  The key is getting comfortable with the ones you have so that you can use them to their full potential.

Learn all you can from the mistakes of others.  You won't have time to make them all yourself.  ~ Alfred Sheinwold

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails