Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Talk about Inspiring

Liberty Cup
One might think I was doing some serious advertising for this place.  Not so much.  Just really love their designs - and their food . . . and their atmosphere . . . and their very fun and friendly employees.

I'm all about empowering.  I love the feeling of being empowered, and I really love the feeling of seeing others that way also.  You know each one of us has a unique gift to offer this world that we live in.  It's such a shame to see so many people limit themselves to this "idea" of how they should be, or the group that they should fit in with.  It's really very sad to me.

I have been called many things during my life.  Some of them very nice (aw thanks for the love y'all) and some not so nice (I will not repeat those ones at all).  And in all those descriptive words that have been used there are a couple that have stuck with me.  Mostly because I don't think that they fit.  I will explain that, but first let me share the two that come to mind at the moment.  Eccentric and Edgy.  There is a third one that's been thrown at me over the years and for the life of me I cannot remember it at the moment.  But, you get the idea, because to me, these words are pretty much the same - or at least are being said with the same intention behind them.  And that is - I am unique, and different. 

I have always had a hard time with that, because in my mind, I am no different than anyone else.  Because we are all different from everyone else.  How's that for logic?  Weird I know.  Hey look, I never really claimed to always make sense.  But, I guess I think that everyone has the power to be uniquely who they are.  And for some reason, that must come a little bit easier, or more naturally to me, than it does to some.  Must be the artist thing (which for the record, I still get all tongue tied when calling myself one of those people.  I'm not artistic at all - or at least my brain still tries to argue that I'm not because artistic types are "different".  Or is it edgy?  Or eccentric?  Oh man . . . )

Okay, okay, before I really stop making sense.  The reason for this little strange babbling is the quote that I found for today.  Love this one.  Very Inspiring to me.  And very empowering.  And very true.  If but we all could live up to our potential.

The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails