Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Face

The Face of Time
I am not going to write about time.  All the cliches - slipping through fingers, need more of, most precious part of life, etc.  Instead, let's talk about a fictional character.  My husband and I started watching this show over the summer called Alphas.  It's basically about a group of people with special abilities - extra strength, super senses and so on.  Well, my favorite character is a young man who can see, and communicate, with electronic signals.  But that's not what I like about him.  He is also autistic.  Okay that's nice and all.  I love his honesty and his innocence in his honesty.  He always says what's on his mind - as a matter of fact in the beginning of the series I was pretty sure he was gonna get on my nerves because he talks non-stop.  A constant stream of babble.  But I really, really like him.  I love how he says exactly what is on his mind.  The catch is - he can afford to - he doesn't ever really have to face the reality of what he says because he does not "live in the real world" so to speak.  It's refreshing and admirable, and quite funny most times.  But not in that sassy way that young people seem to be portrayed in shows today.  I just don't really care for that type of humor.  This character is very cleverly written and portrayed.

I got an email tonight from my mom containing several quotes from Will Rogers.  Here are some of my favorites:

Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
There are two theories to arguing with a woman.  Neither works.
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back in.


A few extras for this evening.  Hope they put a smile on your face as they did on mine.  Thanks for sharing mom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails