Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise for Me

Glitter Petal
I hardly ever go into a photo shoot with a set plan of how things are going to be.  I may have an idea of what I want to accomplish, or certain elements that need to be included - especially if I am doing work for someone else.  Usually that's pretty simple stuff that is predetermined, such as the background, or whether the images are to be in black & white or color, or what type of lighting will be used.  I always, and I do mean always, let the moment dictate how and what I am going to photograph.  You never know what might be waiting to be discovered.  And you never know how things are going to look until you get everything setup and look through the camera.  I realized a long time ago to just go with the moment and photograph the images as I see them and they unfold.

When I went over to photograph these flowers, I have to tell you I was very surprised when I slapped on my macro lens to see the beautiful shimmer that was on the petals.  I have seen these flowers all my life.  But, I have never "seen" these flowers until that day.  Simply beautiful . . . and perfect.

We don't see things as we are, we see them as we are.  ~ Anais Nin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails