Monday, April 18, 2011

Roses - one of my Favorite Flowers

Ruffles and Watercolor
So, after taking photos of the Bearded Iris, my mom pointed out that the roses were in bloom and probably would make some really great photos.  I was quickly running out of room on my memory card, I had to make each photo count.  I really loved the edging of this rose - had such a ruffled almost lace feel to me.  Since I still had my camera set up for macro, I knew that the background was going to fuzz all together.  I had now idea how the light shining through the rose bush right next to this one was going to create such a wonderfully soft almost water colored look.  Love it!  I did not create that background in Photoshop.  I just played around a bit the with the highlights and the shadows.  Not sure if this is what my mom had in mind, but I'm hoping that she knows when a camera gets in my hands, I'm not sure what is gonna happen either - that is until I start taking those pictures.

If you judge people you have no time to love them.  ~ Mother Teresa

Powerful words and so true.  Judging is definitely a subject I have very strong opinions about.  It's one of those topics I've been wanting to get into, but just have not figured out how to "go there".  I think that judging people is one of the single most harmful things you can do to another human being.  It can only bring about hurtful things.  It does not open up the door to positive or encouraging relationships, in fact, I believe that judging a person does the exact opposite and closes them off to you.  Who wants to be judged?  Not me.  And certainly I do not want to be judged by someone else's standards.  I have my own beliefs and standards to live up to.  I really don't need anyone else's coming along and jamming up the works.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails