Friday, January 7, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have to Go With the Moment

Concentration
Finally.  Sometimes you just have to go with the moment.  Well, actually that should probably happen more often than most of us let it.  We should have the presence of mind to enjoy the moment as it is happening and not get caught up in the future, or even worse the past. 

I have a favorite sentiment that I share with others, probably much to their dismay, but it goes something like this - everything always works out in the end.  It may not work out the way you imagined it would.  It may not work out the way you hoped it would.  And even better yet, it may not work out the way your feared it would.  But one way or another everything always works out in the end.  And usually, no one but you will know if the "end" is how you were hoping it would be.

I have talked in the past about many of my "happy mistakes" when photographing.  And quite often those "happy" mistakes have become some of the pieces that I am most proud of.  So, it worked out in the end.  Even though, in the process I was probably pretty stressed out that I was not getting exactly what I was hoping for. 

On New Years Eve, I decided to burn these handmade candles that I've had for several years.  They were fun to watch burn.  A few days after New Years, we let them finish burning.  And as I was playing in the melting wax - as I cannot resist doing that (and if  my mom was there, we would have been making wax fingers I'm pretty sure), I had to get out my cameras and had a great time trying to capture the beauty of the candles and the flames.  It's always challenging working with flame as your light source, but the results you get can be very dramatic and totally worth it.  So, over the next little while, I'm sure you will be seeing more of these fun candles.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails