Wednesday, January 26, 2011

This is For You

This is For You
This was one of those moments when everything just worked out perfect - to create this one, single, perfect, moment.  Love the lighting, love the expression, love the moment. 

So, a couple of weekends ago, we went through the car buying experience.  One of my favorite things to do.  Not really, not at all.  It ranks up there with buying a house - and quite honestly, I'd rather go through labor again than do either one of those things.  At least in labor you get some really good drugs to help with the whole process.  I'm not sure how I got roped into going along.  Everyone in my house knows that I am no good in those situations.  I just have no patience for the waiting and waiting and let us redo this and that.  Honestly, just offer me the best deal you can up front.  If that doesn't work, then okay, no big deal.  Well after going through this (and yes we did get a car - and yes it was an excruciating ordeal) I have been noticing other vehicles driving around with something on their car and I have always wondered why people do this.  I mean, maybe it's just me, but I don't really think car dealers are really trying to earn my loyalty and so why on earth would I keep their license plate ring on my car?  That has always struck me as a bit funny.  Unless I am related to someone that works there, why should I advertise for the place that just put me through two hours, or more, of buying torture?  Just a thought.  Anyone else out there wondered the same thing or is that just me and my wacky ways?

Okay, so enough of that line of thinking.  Let me find you a really good quote for the day.  There are a few I've been saving for just the perfect time.  And, well maybe today is the right time for at least one of them.  I have a favorite quote that I try to live my life by every single day.  I'm sure there are some out there that would disagree.  But, hey, I'm still working on it.  I have had this one memorized for like 20 years.  Unfortunately I did not memorize who the author is.  I'm sure a very quick Google search would bring it up, but I guess I'm more interested in the thought at this point.  And it goes like this:

Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.  ~Unknown

True so very, very true.  The past few years have been some pretty great ones for me on a personal level.  I turned 40 last year and let me tell you, that was very liberating.  Such a great feeling finding peace within oneself.  It has also meant a shift in where I want to place my attention and energy.  There is not as much focus on those relationships that seemed so one sided.  And there is more focus on those relationships that are uplifting and inspiring.  The ones that bring me joy and positive energy.  It has been such a joy reconnecting with wonderful friends and seeing the shift in existing relationships to fill a much more healthier role in my life.  Thank you to each of you for your support in my creative endeavors.  I cherish each and every comment that I receive from you - whether on my website, in person, on the phone or in email.  They touch me deeply and encourage me to continue on this path.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails