Friday, January 14, 2011

A Warm Glow and Good Life


Warm Glow
So I woke up this morning about 4:00 with the song Good Life by One Republic running through my head.  I have to tell you that is a really good way to wake up.  It's such an uplifting and inspiring song.  I'm not sure how anyone could listen to it and not start tapping their toe and feeling as if they can accomplish anything!  I may have to set that as my wake up song for tomorrow morning.  I did, however, immediately put that CD in my car stereo and we listened to it as I was taking my son to school.  I wasn't listening to it as I started typing, and just had to put it on right now.

Okay, so we've talked about some of the things that really inspire me - books, reading and quotes are a big part of my life and always have been.  I honestly cannot understand people who say that they don't like to read.  There is so much you can do in the pages of a book.  So many experiences and adventures you can have - many of which you most likely never, ever would.  I am the world's slowest reader - really I am.  But that is because I love to savor every single word I am reading.  It is usually the last thing I do every night before my head hits the pillow.

But that is not the only thing that truly inspires me.  There are many to choose from.  I am inspired by just about everything I see around me.  I am inspired by people that live life fully.  And, I am inspired by music.  I'm honestly not sure which one I am more passionate about - music or photography.  They run pretty darn close to each other.  And that really is saying something.

So, on to the good part of the post (right?) the quote of the day:

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.  ~Henry Ford

You know, I used to be a little concerned that I would end up repeating a quote.  And then I thought, well that should be okay, because if you are like me, you get something different out of a quote every time you hear it. But, if I should, however, repeat myself . . . I hope that you will just smile and realize that that is just me - sometimes I get excited about things that I really enjoy and tend to repeat myself in the process.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails